The Image Center
Aesthetics Med Spa & Plastic Surgery located in Huntington Beach, San Clemente, Irvine, & Downey CA
HydraFacial Q & A
Hydrafacial: The Procedure and its Benefits
Ever since solutions to the signs of facial aging have been available, there is one constant for every person regardless of concerns. They all desire beautiful and youthful looking skin. While there have been many treatments created to achieve this goal, they have all been invasive, costly, or only so effective.
Recently, the Hydrafacial became available and is fast becoming one of the most popular facial treatments available. What creates aged damaged looking skin is skin dryness, clogged pores, and dead skin cells. The Hydrafacial takes the concept of a standard facial and cranks up the intensity while remaining relaxing and soothing.
The Procedure and Benefits
The Hydrafacial is considered a medical-grade facial treatment. The procedure utilizes a four-step process to improve upon the appearance of a patient’s skin.
The process is as follows:
- Cleansing: This step is a manual cleanse that also combines an exfoliating lactic acid to get the skin soft and conditioned. After that has been completed, it’s time for the next step in the process.
- Deeper Exfoliation: Step two is deep exfoliation done on a physical and chemical level for superior results. There are different tips depending on how aggressive you want your physical exfoliation. In addition there is a combination of glycolic and salicylic acid used for the chemical exfoliation. This approach is considered to be quicker shallower version of a traditional chemical peel.
- Extraction: All of the dead skin cells, dirt, and stuff in your pores are all vacuumed up. During this process, hydration is performed to keep the skin feeling smooth and to minimize the harshness of the exfoliation from the previous step.
- Serums: The final step of the process is the infusion of serums that contain antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid to rejuvenate and plump up the skin. This combination has been noted for its ability to improve skin hydration and plumpness.
Over time, the regular use of the Hydrafacial procedure can produce younger looking plumper skin. In addition, it is expected that dark spots and fine lines will be minimized.
The Right Medical Spa Matters
The Hydrafacial is a simple procedure, but still requires the infusion and use of various chemicals. As such, it’s best if the procedure is performed at a qualified medical spa or similar facility.
See below for things to consider when choosing your medical spa:
- Doctor: The Hydrafacial is a medical grade facial, which means there should be a physician on site. In addition to that requirement, the physician should really be a board certified plastic surgeon. This kind of physician will be best able to advise you on the feasibility of desired results from the Hydrafacial along with detailing any other treatment that may be needed to accomplish your specific goals.
- Expertise: With any medical level procedure you want to be surrounded by staff that is experienced and qualified in the procedure you want. In this case, you need staff that can perform the procedure in a manner that is effective yet gentle as it is meant to be. In addition, infusing or using different chemicals requires care and proper planning to obtain results without compromising your health and wellbeing.
With the Hydrafacial, make sure that during the initial consultation you cover the results you want and how feasible they are. Your physician should be able to detail the kind of results you can expect and set you up with a maintenance plan to optimize your results.
Hydrafacial with Image Center
At the Image Center, we strive to be on the cutting edge when it comes to cosmetic procedures. With the Hydrafacial, beautiful younger looking skin is within your grasp. We combine the procedure with our physician-grade skin care products for truly superior results that last. Led by Dr. Peter Newen, our board certified plastic surgeon, we are prepared to answer any questions or concerns you have.
Ready to schedule your Hydrafacial? Give us a call to speak with one of our coordinators to learn more about our procedures.